Bukit Lawang Lost in the depths of Sumatra.
Bukit Lawang North Sumatra
Bukit Lawang is a small riverside town built beside the rainforest of the vast Gunung Leuser National Park.
Home to the orangutan, one of the most endangered species in the world, found only in Sumatra and Kalimantan, Bukit Lawang (‘gateway to the mountain’) is situated just 96kms northwest of Medan, making it one of the easiest, most accessible places to start your jungle adventure North Sumatra Indonesia .Bukit Lawang Lost in the depths of Sumatra.
One of the most biodiverse regions in the world, the surrounding jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park houses 130 mammal species including 8 primate species, 285 species of birds and 89 endangered and protected species including the very rarely seen Sumatran tiger, rhino and elephant North Sumatra Indonesia .
- From KUALA NAMU International Airport Medan.
ALS buses leave directly from Kuala Namu airport to Binjai city (40,000 RP). On arrival at Binjai station, take a tuk-tuk (5,000 RP) to Tanah Lapang Bijai. From there, take the L300 or PS bus (25,000 RP) directly to Bukit Lawang.
- From Medan City.
Take a taxi or local bus to Pinang Baris. Ask your driver to drop you at ‘Mawar’ bakery (1km from the bus terminal) where you can catch the public bus direct to Bukit Lawang (30,000 RP with luggage). The bus takes 4-5 hours and stops frequently along the way, including a longer stop at Binjai city for refueling. Leave the bus at the bus terminal in Gotong Royong, a village just 5 minutes from Bukit Lawang. From here, take a becak (tuk-tuk) for 10,000 RP to Bukit Lawang where your guesthouse is only a short walk away.
If you have prebooked with us, our team will pick you up at Bukit Lawang station and will take you to your guesthouse.
- Private transport
Make your trip to Sumatra easier and more comfortable with our choice of private cars and transportation packages. All our cars have air-con, seat a maximum of 6 passengers and have drivers who speak both English and Bahasa. We provide a 24/7 service to ensure that our cars are available when you need them.
We only use drivers we know and trust.
Our standard rates (prices based per car).
- Kuala Namu Airport Medan-Bukit Lawang in 5 hours travel (43 Euros) T
- Bukit Lawang-Berastagi 5 or 6 hours travel(49 Euros)
- Bukit Lawang-Tangkahan 2 or 3 hours travel by Jeep (42 Euros)
- Bukit Lawang-Lake Toba 7 to 8 hours travel included ferry (74 Euros)
The solution for those of you who travel by individuals. Prices based per person.
- Kuala Namu Airport Medan-Bukit Lawang (15 Euros) for our special offer is will be free if you book trek with us.
- Bukit Lawang-Berastagi (16 Euros)
- Bukit Lawang-Lake Toba (20 Euros)
- Medan – Banda Aceh (30 Euros).
Bukit Lawang is a small place with around 38 place to stay here . Place recommendations on lodging of Bukit Lawang :
- Eriono Guest House is in the village side of the river and a few kilometers . Which is near the end of the cluster accommodations so not too busy in the vicinity. The restaurant is clean with free Wifi and friendly staff will make you will feel like at home. Eriono Guest House Bukit Lawang. Enjoy both scenic river and forest sounds as you relax at Eriono Guest House. Situated between Gunung Leuser National Park and the Bohorok River – the perfect place to stay in Bukit Lawang for trekking, tubing, enjoying Indonesian culture and food.
- Garden inn is a beautiful and comfortable place with a direct view to the garden, river and the forest and the restaurant with a wood design that blends into nature. not far from Jungle Inn is another pleasant place to stay in Bukit Lawang (Nice double bed rooms and private western bathroom.